Welcome to Andover Bowling Club!
We are a friendly and welcoming club that is open to all levels of bowlers, from beginners to experienced players. We have a beautiful bowling green that is maintained to the highest standards, and we offer a variety of social events throughout the year.
Whether you are looking for a competitive outlet or a way to make new friends, we have something for you. We encourage you to come down and try us out! We have an Open Day every year in April, where you can come and try the game for free. We also offer coaching sessions for beginners, so there is no need to have any experience.
We are a competitive club, but we also value the social side of the game. We have a number of social events throughout the year, including our annual Summer Party and Christmas Dinner.
We have been playing bowls in Andover since at least 1660, when a lease to the Common Acre (part of what is now the Recreation Ground) stipulated that the land could be used for the pasturing of sheep and lambs but they must be kept off the bowling green.
Our current club was founded in 1913, and we have been based at the Vigo Road Recreation Ground ever since. We are proud of our history and tradition, and we are committed to providing our members with a high-quality bowling experience.
We hope to see you soon!
Top 5 reasons to give it a try!
The following is what Bowls England says about playing bowls:-
We believe everybody should realize the joy and benefit of playing sport,
and there are so many reasons why bowls is ideally placed to unlock these
1. Bowls is a sport for everyone, regardless of your physique. It's a great way to improve your fitness and mental wellbeing, and it's easy to get started.
2. Bowls is an affordable and accessible sport. You can try it for free and get started for as little as £90.
3. Bowls is the second most popular sport in the UK. There are over 2,000 clubs nationwide, so you're sure to find one near you.
4. Bowls is a great sport for people of all ages and genders. It's a low-impact activity that is easy to learn, so you can enjoy it with your family and friends, regardless of your fitness level.
5. Bowls clubs are welcoming and social places where you can relax, make new friends, and feel part of your community.